Users who use QuickBooks online can easily manage their business activities. Direct bank transaction downloads are one of QuickBooks’ most well-known features. Users can link their credit card and bank accounts with QuickBooks. Through this, users of QuickBooks Online can directly download any transactions that are mismatched. We’ll talk about how to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks Online in this blog post. And also about all the errors that occur during the transaction like QuickBooks display issues and how to process credit card payments in QuickBooks mac.
The bank statements are automatically reconciled by QuickBooks. Additionally, it makes entering and reconciling those transactions easier. Time and effort are saved with QB Online. The tedious process of data entry is avoided.
What are Unmatched Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
The number of mismatched transactions in QuickBooks online increases over time.
This may be due to a number of factors, including tainted bank transactions and improper matching methods. The ones that cause a problem are these mismatched transactions.
How to Unmatch a Transaction in QuickBooks Online?
The user can do this in one of two ways. through the bank register and the banking page. To unmatch a downloaded transaction in QuickBooks Online, follow these steps.
From the banking page
To unmatch a single transaction:
- Select Banking from the left menu on the page
- Then again select banking from the panel
- The users need to make sure that the correct bank or credit card account is selected
- Now, go to the In QuickBooks tab
- Select the items that the user wants to unmatch. The user can also select the common header to sort up or down by amount, date, description, and so on. This will help to easily find the transaction.
- Click on undo in the action column
To unmatch multiple transactions:
- Check each transaction that the user wants to unmatch
- Now, in the date column select undo
From bank register
- Choose the gear icon from the page’s top menu.
- Choose “setting,” then “chart of accounts.”
- Choose View Register from the action column after finding the account.
- Choose the transactions now, then choose edit.
- A particular online transaction that is prominently displayed
- On the following screen, select unmatch.
After unmatching transactions, it goes back to the review tab. There the users can categorize and match them again.
Deleting Downloaded Transactions in QuickBooks Online
Users may use either of the two methods for deleting transactions for this activity as well. Below are the two methods for “how to delete a transaction in QuickBooks”:
- Choosing the gear icon
- Now go to settings and select chart of accounts.
- Locate the account and choose View Register.
- Choose all of the undesirable transactions.
- Select “Delete” from the transaction line’s menu.
- To remove both the transaction and the downloaded transactions, select delete both.
From the Transaction Window
When deleting the transaction through the transaction window, both the transactions and the downloaded transaction will be deleted. These transactions will not be shown in the transaction list.
- Choosing the gear icon
- Choose a chart of accounts under settings.
- Locate the account, then choose View Register.
- Choose the undesirable transactions.
- Afterward, select Edit from the Transaction List.
- Click on “more” in the transaction dialogue box.
- then remove
- Finally, press OK to confirm.
Read Also: How to Check QuickBooks Product Version and Release